Windows Phone 7 FAQs:
1. What is Front Page?
2. How do I customize Front Page and reorder tabs?
3. Can I reorder the tabs?
4. Can I turn article photos off?
5. What content can I share/save?
6. How do I send suggestions on how to better the app to the AP?
7. How do I edit my locations for local?
8. Can I turn off some of my local papers?
9. How do I edit my location for weather?
10. Can I get weather for my location?
11. How do I enable/disable alerts?
12. How do I change my language settings?
13. What is Send to AP and who gets it?
Users can add and order as many categories as they want and two headlines for each category will be displayed on the Front Page.
Users can find the Customize option under Settings on the first screen.
The current version does not allow users to reorder tabs.
Users can disable article photos from the Photos option under Settings.
a. Users can share content with their friends via the share feature available on every story and photo.
b. Users can save articles, photos and videos to the Saved folder in AP Mobile. The saved folder is on the fourth panel of the first screen.
Users can send feature requests and feedback to the AP via the Feature Request option in the application. Users can find the feedback options under Settings.
Users can customize Local under Settings.
The current version does not allow users to filter local publication.
Users can customize Weather under Settings. Locations for Local News and Weather are handled separately. Windows Phone 7 supports international locations.
Windows Phone 7 supports international locations, which a user can search for by inputting the city name.
Users currently do not have the ability to disable notifications.
1. Go to the Settings button on your device
2. Select General
3. Select International
4. Choose the desired language
Send to AP is the Associated Press’ way of extending the journalism floor to its users. Users can send in news tips and photos directly to AP editors via the Send to AP option under Settings. User information is solely used for the purpose of contacting the user to verify the tip or to gather more information.