AP Mobile is your source for global to local news and will be featuring local election coverage from The Denver Post, The De Moines Register, The Wichita Eagle and Kansas.com, The Alaska Dispatch News, The Detroit News, and The Charlotte Observer.
AP Mobile version 6.1 for iOS is now available! Download it from iTunes.
Key updates include:
– Supports sharing from multiple Twitter accounts. We will no longer support Evernote sharing, however.
– We added back in the dark/light background option for reading preference
– “+” button added to home screen (under the tiles) for easier app management
– Settings pages improved for managing categories/subs and locales (we have over 1000 local papers and broadcasters contributing content to AP Mobile – you can access them by location)
– Improved accessibility
– Bug fixes
Of course we are not finished and have many other plans for v6.2 and beyond, including support for the upcoming iOS 7.0. As always, we are committed to becoming the best mobile news source and welcome your feedback (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
AP Mobile version 6.0 for iOS is now available! Download it from iTunes.
In our continuing efforts to provide the best user experience we have been working on a significant update to the popular AP Mobile app on iOS. The focus of v6.0, now available in iTunes, is to improve overall usability, with a new visual home screen/navigation pane that gets you to your favorite content faster.
Some key changes include:
– Gesture-based navigation, eliminating the need for tapping back buttons while browsing content. A short swipe takes you between stories, a long swipe from the left edge takes you back to the timeline view or category navigation. Simple and intuitive gets you where you want to be.
– More customization – A more visual, tile-based navigation pane replaces the category list and lets you add, remove and reorder content that you want to keep within easy reach, with fewer clicks. This includes your favorite local content, big stories, and subcategories such as football that you might want to surface via it’s own tile.
– Big Stories – the biggest stories of the day/week/month/year, as selected by our world class editorial staff, are now highlighted in double-wide tiles right in the home screen so you can easily follow their progress. You can simply swipe thru the current big story images in-line in the navigation pane to browse and click to the Big Story of your choice.
– Optimization – we removed the popular burlap background in an attempt to shrink the file size and improve performance, among other improvements. The file is now much smaller than the previous version.
– No more alert history – this was confusing users and stacking up old content. We simplified this to an improved alert experience in the app showing only the current alert, with a different icon showing when the story is written and attached to it.
– Other content – We can now bring to you AP Audio as well as other content.
Of course we are not finished and have many other plans for v6.1 and beyond. As always, we are committed to becoming the best mobile news source and welcome your feedback (email us at email@example.com).
Version 5.5 of the AP Mobile iOS app was just released to the iTunes store.
Key updates include the following:
- Breaking News alerts that link to related stories! As the story becomes available the alert will be linked in the alert history window.
- Fully localized version for our Spanish readers. (device must be set to Spanish)
- Works great on iPad Mini and iPhone 5
- Stability improvements galore!
As always, we are committed to becoming the best mobile news source and welcome your feedback (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Upgraders from 4.3 will experience a crash on first launch, but only first launch. It is recommended that 4.3 users delete the app before installing 4.3.2. This issue will be addressed in 4.4.
4.3.1 upgraders are fine to upgrade.
We experienced a brief server outage last night, Jan. 25th from approx. 9pm to 11pm EST. This affected only new users and upgraders, more specifically, apps that registered with our servers for the first time during that time window. So existing apps would not have experienced this problem. All operations are now back to normal.
This happened to have coincided with the first day that version 4.3.2 of AP Mobile was available so those who upgraded and launched the app in that time frame would have received an error “No news sources available at the moment. please try again later.”
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The AP Mobile team is extremely excited to announce the official release of the AP 2010 World Cup Coverage, the best way to stay on top of all the football news and stats for the 2010 World Cup!
With the AP 2010 World Cup Coverage, you will be able to follow your favorite team’s progress throughout the World Cup by getting the latest news, scores, photos and videos from the world’s most trusted news source. Users can also get general World Cup news and photos in French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Follow your team or the entire tournament with an easy-to-read schedule, bracket, and live score feed, all of which are frequently updated to give you the latest coverage. Expand your World Cup knowledge between games by reading about any of the 32 teams and their star players or about the 10 different venues and their local points of interest scattered around South Africa. Want to share your thoughts or see what others are saying about the World Cup? Just pick a question and cast your vote with the app’s live polling and voting.
Whether you’re a diehard fan or just want to stay in the loop with the world’s most viewed sporting event, with the AP 2010 World Cup Coverage app you’ll never miss a moment. Get it free for the following devices below:
You can view the WAP site from any phone via http://m.apsports.com/.
For more information, go to http://www.getapmobile.com/worldcup/.